My Bullet Journal Setup

by - Sunday, January 21, 2018



I have been using planners ever since college. They are my way to organize my thoughts and my life. You see, I'm an occasionally forgetful person. I tend to forget tasks and dates sometimes. That is why when life gets too bombarded with to do's, I always create lists to keep track. I've used so many planners and yet, the problem is, I never really get to use them for the whole year. I don't know why but I always end up using it during the first and last few months of the year. I don't consistently use it and sadly, sayang sila. 

When I buy planners, I always find something lacking on them whether it be that the monthly spread is too small or the weekly spread is too wide or it is too bulky to bring everywhere I go. That is why, for this year, I chose to join the bandwagon and try Bullet Journaling.


The best thing that I love about Bullet Journaling is that you make your journal at your own pace and to your own liking. You are not limited by the built-in dividers or features of your planner because you make them yourself. Special thanks to TC(one of my favorite type artists) of @inksandcoffee for suggesting and selling me her extra Limelight Sketchbook with Pen Roll and bookmarks. And to my boyfie, Chad for giving me so many pens as Christmas presents! Thank you! :*

So without further adieu, let me share with you guys my current Bullet Journal spreads!


The first spread, of course, I placed the year in the most artsy way that I can LOL. It took me 3 hours and a lot of ink to finish this mehee.


On the next page, I made this. I stopped making New Year's Resolutions 2 years ago. Instead, what I do during the start of the year is to make a theme for that year and create plans according to that theme. This page is dedicated to those plans. What I intend to do or not to do is all here. This is just my way of planning the months ahead so I don't forget.


Next is one of my favorite sheets: My Savings Goals and When did I Last? Section. I plan to visit Japan and Taiwan next year. To be able to do that, I should seriously save this year. I also promise my Lola that I'll buy her an air conditioner so yeah, placed it there so I won't forget. 

When Did I Last? is my way of keeping track of my good and bad habits. I placed all those habits inside the boxes and I put dates of when I last did them. I just saw this on Pinterest and I found it to be helpful to track my habits.


The last before the monthly spread is this. I have a lot on my blog backlog right now so I have to be mindful of what I need to post. In addition, I oftentimes think of ideas for my blog while in transit so for the ideas not to be forgotten when my mind spills them, I better have a permanent place to jot them down and not just some scratch paper that I always misplace LOL.

The Calendar serves as my period tracker shhhh.

For the monthly sections, I plan to just make them simple because I know I won't be able to update my journal from time to time. Natuto na ang lola nyo.


My month overview is for events and meetings. As I have said before, I tend to forget special dates so I really need a whole spread for my monthly overview. I've had my share of conflicting schedules all because I forgot I was going somewhere but I said Yes to some event in our company. I ended up choosing one over the other which I don't want to happen ever again.


My weekly spread is just for my daily tasks and some doodling when stress gets me so I just kept it simple and not that space consuming. I don't really document my everyday life so a weekly spread fits me well.


And if I ever get motivated or I'm too happy to document my highlights, I made a spread for my monthly highlights. I'll share this with you guys before I share my spread for February. ;)

For this year, I plan to go back to my de-stresser, Art. I made a separate Instagram account for my type creations. If you would like to check it out, follow @typebythepolyhobbyist on IG! hihi. I will share all my future artworks and bullet journal spreads there. 

Hope you guys liked this post. Join the bandwagon too if we have the same sentiments towards limited features of planners on the market! It's not too late! Let's go! Oh, and let me know what you think about this on the comments section. :D

P.S.:Flatlay photography man is tough when you don't have natural light source. I'll find one next time hihi. 



You May Also Like

7 comments

  1. Wow! You are a great artist! Your journal is awesome! I'm so impressed!

    Autumn Bay Girl | www.autumnbaygirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also got my the same brand for my BuJo this year! I love how convenient bullet journaling is, and how we're not constrained with the very limited options in the regular planners. Can't wait to see your BuJo updates, too! Hehe.

    xx, The Diary Queen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I agree! And super nageenjoy ako gawin sya kahit time consuming hihi. Share yours din Da! I'd love to see your BuJo setup. :D

      Delete
  3. Wow, I am so amazed at your bullet journal. Your creativity is absolutely goals. Keep it up and goodluck on your 2018!

    xx, Myrra www.myrrazenkate.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kate. :D You should try one too if you're free. :D

      Delete
  4. I would like to show thanks to you just for useful information. Here You can read about : customized planners

    ReplyDelete