SHOOT: Pinto Art Museum

by - Saturday, March 25, 2017


SHOOT is my little space on this blog where I keep track of my learning progress as I venture in the world of photography. I'm still a newbie and quite honestly, I still have A LOT to learn. I'm open to all constructive criticisms especially from you guys who has more experience in taking and editing photos than me. Tell me what you think with the photos I took - good or bad - I would really appreciate it. ;)

If you have been following me on Instagram or a friend of mine on Facebook, or just happen to read the post before this(woah so many links in one sentence haha), you'd know that I've been to Pinto Art Museum to try the camera I just bought last January. Yes, I just started learning how to use the DSLR a few months ago but this is the first time I got to use it outdoors. What's my opinion about it? It feels great! There could be millions of subjects everywhere especially at Pinto Art Museum. 

All throughout the shooting process that day, I already learned a lot, more from my mistakes actually. To name a few, I experienced setting too much exposure, misaligned framing, wrong focus, grainy photos, and even, low battery(bad photographer). -.- But at the end of the day, I still felt accomplished. I was able to take some good photos and I want to share it with all of you. Enjoy and comment out what you think. ;)

P.S. The photos where I'm in are taken by my leveled up IG Boyfriend, Chad. LOL.


What makes Pinto Art Museum different from others is how it showcases art. Even the landscape, furnitures and buildings blend with the exhibits.
All of the buildings have big windows, but this one's my favorite. Also, I think the collector who owns the museum finds interest with pregnant women sculptures.


Gallery Six's(right) is my favorite gallery of all
I'm a Moana Fan. So when I saw this(left) in Gallery 2(right) I blurted out, "Te Fiti!"


The stairs lead to the roof deck where you can witness the sunset. In between is Gallery 6.
Brace yourselves for the Buhat Bangko Series! haha

Uy-may-chicks-sa-kaliwa-kaya-dapat-papogi-ako pose :)))
Two of my favorite spots in Pinto Art.

But honestly, most of the spots we've been to are my favorite. I can't sort them out.

The Blogger and the IG Boyfriend :3


This, you should not miss.
Camera used: Canon700D
Location: Pinto Art Museum, Antipolo, Rizal

You May Also Like

21 comments

  1. These photos are great! I'm not so much of a museum person but I've been seeing a lot of good ones on social media and they make me want to visit some. Alsooooo, I wish my boyfriend was an Instagram boyfriend too. Haha! I still love him so much though and I won't be upgrading just for the sake of it. Hahahaha! :)

    xx
    Lyka Chiang

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lyka! Thanks! I'm not a museum person either but this museum's different. I really like museums where you can take so many photos like 3D art museums. Haha! That can be learned if he wants it. My boyfriend just takes interest in what I do so he wants to learn the IG world also hahaha. :) But we will love them no matter what - IG Boyfriend or not - hihi. <3

      Delete
  2. Oh! I love the winding staircase in the museum, it looks so surreal :D I love seeing museum posts on blogs because it amazes me how different all museums are from each other in different areas.

    Also, this is my first time on your blog & I love it! My boyfriend is an electrical engineering major too!

    cabin twenty-four

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Eena! The staircases inside the museum are my favorite! Super instagrammable! Thanks Eena. I'm happy you love it. I love yours too! Well engineers are good at engineering love too haha.

      Delete
  3. I've been tagging my boyfriend on these IG BF articles recently because I want to level up his skills as well! HAHA. It would be really handy if they know how to take our photos because obviously, we can't do it by ourselves (unless super effort na mag-tripod, timer and all) 😂
    P.S. Did you recently change your theme? ❤️ If yes, I'm definitely loving it! If not, well, I'm such a bad observer.

    xx, The Diary Queen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha! Ako Da madalas ko lang nababanggit. Very supportive naman sya kaya ayun napilit ko haha. True! Tsaka medyo nakakahiya din magpakuha sa iba. At least nasa comfort zone yung BFs kaya medyo walang hiya tayo haha. Yes kakapalit ko lang Da. Medyo ang boring kasi nung last theme ko. Thank youuuu! <3

      Delete
  4. Love the photos! I also went to Pinto Art Museum a couple of months back and it was honestly one of the most photogenic places near Manila :) Sobrang ganda!

    xx jhanzey.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jhanz! True! Sulit na sulit ang pagpunta namin dun lalo na't wala masyadong tao. <3

      Delete
  5. I love the composition with the staircases on either side! As for photography, you'll find that you never stop learning. You'll recognize "mistakes" with each session and correct as you continue doing it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alyse! Thank you. That's my favorite collage on this post too haha. I'm glad you liked it. ;) Yeah. I think experience is really the best teacher when it comes to anything. And welcome to my blog, I think it's your first time here. ;)

      Delete
  6. I looked back on my photos when I was in Pinto Art Museum. It was the first place I featured in my blog and I realized how different my photos are now. Haha. I love the photos you featured here. And I love that you learn as you take photos. Looking forward to your future posts! :)

    xo, Richel V.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I get the same sentiments when I check the old photos I took Richel. Nagiiba din siguro perspective natin. ^_^ Thank you Richel! I'm glad you love it. Yeah, maybe mageevolve din yung photos ko pag tumagal. :D

      Delete
  7. This looks like an awesome museum. The shots turned out well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jane! Yes it is. The most awesome museum I've been to so far. Thank you! :)

      Delete
  8. Love how Pinto Art Museum could be so photo shoot-friendly place. I must go back there and try photo shooting again. Nice photos, by the way! Congrats on your new camera, time to level up your travel and food photos, haha. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you Dianne! Kahit saang sulok kami pumunta maganda sa picture haha. Yes! It's really a good venue for photohobbyists. Thank you Dianne! Yes I've been thinking of the same thing haha. Time to capture bokehs hahaha.

      Delete
  9. I have never been to Pinto Art Museum and would love to check it out this year. Im so late with this! :) Love your photos, I also enjoy taking photos, I think it's something most people enjoy and use to connect with one another. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ellaine! It's not too late! Mas okay nga ngayon kasi down na yung hype. ;) Thank you. <3 Yes photography is a really entertaining art. ^_^

      Delete
    2. Hihi! Yup, would definitely go there this year. Just wanted to share that I have been experimenting with film cameras lately. I have yet to develop them cause I still got a few shots left. Hahaha! Will definitely share this in a post. :D

      Delete
    3. Wow. I haven't tried shooting with film cameras but I bet it looks vintage-y hihi. Will look forward for that on your posts! :)

      Delete
  10. I actually live in Antipolo but I've never been to Pinto Art. But! if ever i had the chance, I'll make sure to stay until sunset so that i could also see that majestic view! Btw, the photos are good! Not so bad for a newbie :)

    Keep shooting and learning!

    Rossaine xx blissfulpotato.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete