Capones Island: A White Beach in Zambales

by - Sunday, March 12, 2017



In this crazy little world of ours compared to the universe, there are always things that keep one sane. For me, when I started to enter an adult thing called working, life has been one hell of stressful but fulfilling at the same time. To keep me sane and motivated at work, going to the beach has always been one of my options. The sound of the waves crashing to the shore keeps me calm. As the waves crash then starts pulling off, they take all my worries with them to the deepest parts of the ocean. And because I am really itching to have my beach time but I still can't at the moment, I made a blog series called BEACHIN' to show you my favorite beaches. I'll be sharing some stories, information and what you can do while in the island. Tell me what you think in the comments box if this works or not. I will really appreciate it. :)

Ever since I was little, Zambales has always been our family's go to spot when we want to head on to the beach. In all of the beaches I've been there, all I see is vast gray sand and waters. I didn't mind at all, until I became older and I don't appreciate it that much anymore. Fast forward to last year, I was craving for some time off work because being isolated in your cubicle all day for 5 days a week sometimes feels a bit suffocating. And so my work batchmates and I planned to go camping in Anawangin. Camping in Anawangin is great! It's just us, nature and a couple of strangers. What I didn't know is that there is a side trip to an island I didn't know of after staying in Anawangin which is included in our package.


Bluer than blue

About the island


Ugh white sand finally!

Capones Island or Isla de Capon Grande according to Wikipedia, is a paradise a few boat ride minutes away from Anawangin. I was clueless back then of what to expect so when I saw clear waters and white sand as our boat approached the shore, I was ecstatic! I never knew Zambales has something to show off when it comes to white sand beaches. 


One of my favorite photos of the sea

What also made me speechless is how magnificent the view of the mountains is from this island. The different shades of blue lifted my happy emotions higher. I even said to myself, "This is probably a lost island of El Nido." This is truly breathtaking. The fine white sand, the hues of the ocean, the grandeur of the mountains, everything seems perfect.

What To Do


The Survivors of Adulthood! Woot! Woot!

Just like in Anawangin, there's no signal coverage in Capones Island which I think is good for someone who yearns to escape reality for a while. We only stayed here for a few minutes so what we did is to just take pictures, roam around, and swim as much as we can. What I know is that you can stay in the island overnight but there are no hotels here so pitching a tent is the only way to go. You just have to inform your boat service on what time you want to be fetched because you will not be able to contact them once they leave the island. There are also no comfort rooms and stores unlike in Anawangin so be sure to bring all the necessary stuff before you camp here.

I don't really know who thought of holding rocks as props

Upon researching, I found out that there's a Lighthouse that you can find on top of the island. You can trek all the way up to capture a more amazing view of the sea and the neighbor islands. Snorkeling and diving is also possible in this island. I bet it has a thriving marine life being an unspoiled island. You just have to bring your own equipment. 

If only I could make money out of staying here 

Capones Island is the only white beach I've seen in Zambales. Its powdery white sand and clear blue sea is nothing short of majestic. If given the time, we could have stayed there. But we're already out of supplies that time so we needed to go. If you've been here, I'm sure you found it stunning as much as I do. If not, then I guess now is the right time to go and visit. It just sits a few hours away from Manila. :) Til' next time. If you know other white beaches in Zambales, I would really be happy to find out about it because honestly, I need my beach time already! Share it with me on the comments box below. Have a great Sunday guys! :)


You May Also Like

21 comments

  1. I've been wanting to experience camping by the beach and this sounds like a good idea. Normally, I prefer to go offline talaga during weekends because that's a much-needed break after a week in front of a computer. Haha. Thanks for sharing this, Angelica!

    xx, The Diary Queen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Da! Yes you should really try it. Sobrang nakakarelax at nakakakalma ng puso haha. And it only cost us less than 1500 pesos each. All in na yun kasama pamasahe, supplies,boat ride and tent so worth it talaga sya. You're welcome Da! :)

      Delete
  2. Ate A! Gala ka ng gala ha! Haha. I am quite jelly. You travelled a lot. Once I am already entitled for a leave, I will go to these places you've been to.

    Xeph | engineerxeph.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaah! Last year pa to Xeph. Wala pa nga kong gala this year kaya nagrereminisce nalang ako. :( hahaha. After 6 months pa ba? Use it well Xeph. :D Unahin mo na to. kahit weekend pwede. Di na kailangan ng leave. :D

      Delete
  3. I didn't know Zambales had a white beach! I'll add this in my future beaches to visit because it's so convenient. Zambales had always been a favorite of mine because it has stunning beaches. I've also been planning to visit Anawangin with friends for a long time now haha

    xo, Gillan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gillan! Yes this is perfect for quick escapes or all of a sudden adventures. There are package tours offering a side trip to this island so yeah you can do both. ;) Just make sure you buy all the stuff you need in town. Food and other necessities cost twice or even thrice the price when you're already in Anawangin.

      Delete
  4. Lovely photos! Zambales has so many beautiful beaches to offer. I need to take note Capones island if in case I'll plan another beach trip. You may also check Potipot Island. They have white sand as well! I soooo love that place and you may agree that the night sky is fantastic too, right?

    Did you trek the Lighthouse? I've seen a couple of Lighthouses from below, but never had a chance to trek up there. Hope I can soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dianne!:) You can include a side trip to this island when you go camping at Nagsasa or Anawangin. Oh I didn't know potipot island is in Zambales but yes I agree with you. I've seen beautiful photos of its night skies in Facebook. Thanks for the suggestion girl! :)

      Hindi nga eh. Di namin alam na may lighthouse that time. 30 minutes lang ata kami nagstay sa island.

      Delete
  5. Hello, Acile! Omg, I think pareho tayong template. Yay! :) Anyway, how was it camping by the beach? May napuntahan kami before sa Cavite na wala ding hotels though merong mga "cottages" na more of parng kubo nga eh. Pero parang ganito din sa pinuntahan mo. Sayang di namin na-try overnight kasi may mga pasok pa the next day. Friends ko kasama ko :) Btw, if you're looking for dresses you may check out this link: https://goo.gl/glwHDg Hope to hear from you soon! x

    Love, Airish
    Gorgeous Glance
    http://www.airishabella.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Airish! Ikaw lang tumawag sakin ng Acile hahaha. Oo nga eh. Alam ko last time pareho din tayo haha. We have the same taste when it comes to templates. <3 Well, mainit! haha. Summer kasi nung nagcamping kami. Kahit nung mga gabi na mainit parin. So I guess, I suggest to don't try camping pag summer unless may dala kayong portable fans and lots of ice! Sure I would want to check it out din. Ang ganda ng choices mo when it comes to fashion. :)

      Delete
  6. OMG! I wanna visit this place! Ang ganda talaga and yung mga pictures nakakainggit! Hopefully I could go to this place some time this year! What a great post babe! Looking forward on your next adventures! Hope you could visit my blog as well! Have a nice day ahead!

    Elisha | http://loveelisha.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww. Thank you Elisha! Yes punta ka it's not that far from Manila. :D Of course I would love to visit your blog as well. Thanks for dropping by! :)

      Delete
  7. I've always wanted to visit Zambales. I've heard so much about the beaches there. It looks really nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Heidi! Do you live far from Zambales? It's one of our go to beaches because it's near Manila. :)

      Delete
  8. The beach is so pretty!! The view is very calming. Lovely pictures!! Definitely my to visit list! :D

    Loi x Wanderlaska

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Loi! Visit ka na ng Manila after studies! ;)

      Delete
  9. I never tried camping by the beach. And worry ko kasi talaga ung CR. Hahaha. Ang arte lang! But I'll definitely try this. This has been on my list na, but di ko pa alam ung mga preparation na kailangan for the camping. But this helped me! Thank you for sharing, Angelica! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Yan din ang worry ko nung nagcamping kami sa Anawangin. Iba kasi talaga pag malinis na CR eh haha. Oooh. You just gave me an idea for my next blog post. Thanks to you too Karen! :)

      Delete